Words are not the only elements of language. As we all know (or most of us, anyway), the use of punctuation can significantly alter the meaning of a sentence, so much so that the results can often lead to very different meanings.
Here are some examples where people should have spent a little more time getting to know punctuation before making their move.
1. Wear earmuffs. Their bloodcurdling screams can really be annoying.
2. Rachael Ray’s recipe for Soylent Green was awe-inspiring
3. Dear Parents, don’t forget to home-school your children
4. Like, in our sleep?
5. Oh my…! Well, I guess that’s an appropriate response.
6. Strictly “enforced”…*wink.
7. I always thought these signs were a little insensitive. Although…it’s not like they would understand it anyway.
8. No amount of punctuation can make this sign less….murder-y?
9. …But then we came to our senses and realized how stupid the whole thing was.
10. They’re saving this toilet for a very small demographic…unless it’s at Walmart.