Over the years we have posted a few “bad translation” articles. For example, here here and let’s not forget here. As a language and translation blog, I think it almost deserves its own category. In fact, there are so many resources out there for bad translation examples there are literally entire websites dedicated to them. But as I’ve often wondered myself, “Who let’s these go to print without proofreading them?”
It’s my belief that whenever you mix the intricacy of language with the desire to save money (always the cause for failure) and free translation tools readily available, you’re always going to get an endless source of material.
Or perhaps it’s just a big conspiracy set up by the blog writers as a means to have an endless source of new material…Either way, here are some more terrible translation mistakes that will make you question everything you think you know.
1. Speaking of conspiracy theories…
2. Nothing goes better with Chicken Tetrazzini than a heaping side of General Tso’s spicy sexual harassment.
3. Don’t worry, everyone will get a turn.
4. You know those things…what are they called…oh yeah, mothers!
4. “I should have never lied on my resume…just play it cool, they’ll never suspect a thing.”
5. Baet’s catchphrase actually makes about as much sense as Bart’s “Don’t have a cow” anyway.
6. Enough human lives to go around for everyone!
7. I’m starting to really worry about Paul…
8. Seriously…someone should call the police. Where is Paul??!!
9. Hmm…well…I guess if you want to be blunt about it.
10. Be considerate of those continuing to live please.