Everyone knows English is a hard language to learn and even harder to master. With all of the nuances, rules, exceptions to the rules, syntax, grammar, odd spellings, colloquialisms, and constant changing of the rules, it’s no wonder so many people have a hard time speaking or writing it correctly.
That being said, there exists a certain water-mark in society that you’re expected to reach so that you can enjoy not looking or sounding like an idiot. Especially if English is your native language.
Social media is a great tool to use as a litmus test to see just how badly some people fall below that mark. So this week here are the top 10 English language failures.
P.S. If you don’t happen to see anything wrong with some of these fails, then…hmm…nothing. Carry on, you special creature. You’re doing great!
1. Correct spelling can lead to personal happiness
2. Don’t be so hard on yourself…
3. Confidence is key. If you believe it, they’ll believe it.
4. America’s longest running war to date.
5. Everyone needs a Daniel to remind them what’s important
6. His hubris was his downfall.
7. This one just frightens me.
8. Just goes to show, those without bread are the most tolerant people.
9. I’m sure they are. The school district, that is.
10. And…I think we have a winner.