Hotels go out of their way to please their guests. This is normally great for the guests, but can leave them a bit confused when they extend beyond their language boundaries.
The following is a list of some funny foreign hotel signs which were poorly translated.
1. Japanese hotel room – You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid
2. Paris hotel elevator – Please leave your values at the front desk
3. Tokyo hotel – It is forbidden to steal hotel towels please. If you are not a person to do such a thing is please not read this notice
4. Bucharest hotel – The list is being fixed for the next day. During this time you will be unbearable
5. Leipzig elevator – Do not enter the lift backwards, and only when lit up
6. Athens hotel – Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9 and 11am daily
7. Belgrade elevator – To move the cabin, push button for wishing floor. If the cabin should enter more persons, each one should press a number of wishing floor. Driving then going alphabetically in national order.
8. Sarajevo hotel – The flattening of underwear with pleasure is the job of the chambermaid
9. Moscow hotel – You are welcome to visit the cemetery where famous Russian and Soviet composers, artists and writers are buried daily except Thursday
10. Swiss mountain inn – Special today… no ice cream
11. Moscow hotel – If this is your first visit to the USSR, you are welcome to it
12. Norwegian lounge – Ladies are requested not to have children in the bar
13. Acapulco hotel – The manager has personally passed all the water served here
Some more poorly translated signs: