Funny Newspaper Headlines Make You Think Twice
by Matt Bramowicz
Even if there is no translation involved, language can still get messed up or inadvertently send the wrong message.
These unintentional puns or double entendres occur everywhere, including places you would think wouldn’t get past a team of scrutinizing eyes.
Graduate students at the Columbia School of Journalism have collected those that occurred around the world in newspaper headlines.
Below is a list of some of the more entertaining ones I’ve sorted through.
- A-Rod Goes Deep, Wang Hurt
- Child’s Stool Great for Use in Garden
- Man Beats Off Cougar With His Bare Hands
- Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
- Reagan Wins on Budget, but More Lies Ahead
- Kicking Baby Considered To Be Healthy
- Is There a Ring of Debris around Uranus?
- Farmer Bill Dies in House
- Dr. Ruth to Talk about Sex with Newspaper Editors
- Blind Woman Gets New Kidney from Dad she Hasn’t Seen in Years
- Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Experts Say
- Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges
- Skywalkers in Korea Cross Han Solo
- Lawmen from Mexico Barbecue Guests
- Passing wind strands BC Ferry passengers
- Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
- Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge
- Organ Festival Ends in Smashing Climax
- Panda Mating Fails – Veterinarian Takes Over