No matter how much they try however, it seems you can’t go for too long before you find an example where they may fall a little short in meeting their desired goal.
Since it’s the thought that counts, you can’t help but chuckle to yourself and make note of it to tell your friends about back home.
The following is a short list of some examples:
- In a Zurich hotel: Because of the impropriety of entertaining guests of the opposite sex in the bedroom, it is suggested that the lobby be used for this purpose.
- In a Rome laundry: Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time.
- Outside a Paris dress shop: Dresses for street walking.
- In a Bangkok temple: It is forbidden to enter a woman even a foreigner if dressed as a man.
- In a brochure of a car rental firm in Tokyo: When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.
- In a Yugoslavian hotel: The flattening of underwear with pleasure is the job of the chambermaid.
- In an Acapulco hotel: The manager has personally passed all the water served here.
- In a hotel in Athens: Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9 and 11 a.m. daily.
- In a Japanese hotel: You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid.
- In a Budapest zoo: Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, give it to the guard on duty.
- In a Tokyo Hotel: Is forbidden to steal hotel towels please. If you are not a person to do such thing is please not to read notis.
- In a Copenhagen airline ticket office: We take your bags and send them in all directions.